7 Tips for Healthy Summer🌞 Feet👣
Part of being active in the summer depends on the health of our feet.
Here are 7 Tips for Healthy Summer Feet…
1. Don’t wear without socks . Moisture can build up increasing the risk of acquiring a fungus infection or the virus that causes warts. Socks help wick away moisture.
2. Increasing your activity level by no more than 10% per week can help avoid overuse injuries. Tendinitis and stress fractures are common from overuse. Gradually increase jogging or power-walking to avoid these common conditions.
3. If you are going to wear sandals , make sure they have an arch to them. Any foot wear that is flat can lead to pain in the feet, knees and back. Plantar Fasciitis is a common condition that can arise from wearing flat sandals or flip flops too much.
4. Don’t forget the top of your feet when applying sunscreen. It’s easy to forget our feet when applying sunscreen . A sunburn on the top of the feet can be quite painful.
5. If you have orthotics, wear them when doing a lot of standing. Some people pay for not wearing orthotics in their summer shoes. Your feet will thank you if you don’t forget them when standing a lot.
6. Take the nail polish off periodically to allow your nails to breathe. The other reason to take the polish off is too see if your nails look healthy. Unfortunately, fungus can get into the nail without any warning. A white or yellow discoloration of the nail could be the sign of it.
7. Make an appointment in with us if a foot pain has lasted for more than a couple of weeks . It’s rare for foot pain to just go away it’s been present for a couple of weeks. Addressing it sooner can avoid a lengthy ordeal and likely save you money.
To Healthy Summer Feet,