Part of being active in the summer depends on the health of our feet👣.
Here are 7 Tips for Healthy Summer🌞 Feet👣…
1. Don’t wear 👟 without socks 🧦 . Moisture🧴 can build up increasing the risk of acquiring a fungus🦠 infection or the virus 🦠that causes warts. Socks 🧦 help wick away moisture.
2. Increasing your activity🚴🏼♀️ level by no more than 10% per week can help avoid overuse injuries. Tendinitis and stress fractures are common from overuse. Gradually increase jogging🏃🏽 or power-walking to avoid these common conditions.
3. If you are going to wear sandals 👡 , make sure they have an arch to them. Any foot 🦶 wear that is flat can lead to pain🥴 in the feet👣, knees🦵 and back. Plantar Fasciitis is a common condition that can arise from wearing flat sandals 👡 or flip flops too much.
4. Don’t forget the top of your feet👣 when applying sunscreen. It’s easy to forget our feet 🦶 when applying sunscreen 🧴 . A sunburn 🥵 on the top of the feet 👣 can be quite painful.
5. If you have orthotics, wear them when doing a lot of standing. Some people pay for not wearing orthotics in their summer shoes. Your feet will thank you if you don’t forget them when standing a lot.
6. Take the nail polish off periodically to allow your nails to breathe. The other reason to take the polish off is too see if your nails look healthy. Unfortunately, fungus🦠 can get into the nail without any warning. A white or yellow discoloration of the nail could be the sign of it.
7. Make an appointment 👨⚕️ in with us if a foot 🦶 pain 😵has lasted for more than a couple of weeks 🗓 . It’s rare for foot🦶 pain 😖to just go away it’s been present for a couple of weeks. Addressing it sooner can avoid a lengthy ordeal and likely save you money.
To Healthy Summer 🚣🏼♀️Feet👣,